The Internet routers use a default username and password for their login page. It is possible to reset the default username and password by connecting to the wireless router and resetting its configuration with IP Address 192.168.1.1. This article explains the steps of how to do it. Please follow all the instructions carefully.
Configuring Wireless routers IP 192.168.1.1 With Windows XP
- The first step is to log on to the web browser. The wireless router should be able to automatically detect it and give a username and password.
- If not, try to set it up. Once you have logged in, visit the 'Preferences' option found in the web browser.
- You can then change the username and password with IP Address 192.168.1.1 for the internet connection. If you can't enter a new one, use the 'Back' button to return to the previous page.
- The next step is to find and select the 'Usernames and Computers' icon from the main 'sessions menu of the administration panel of your Windows computer.
- Once you have selected it, click on 'Delete' to permanently delete the selected username and password. Then, right-click on the 'Domain Name' and click on 'Reset.' You will see a message saying that you cannot reset the default gateway because it is already the configured IP address 192.168.1.1 for your wireless router. To continue, click on 'OK.'
- Now, go to the 'Networking' page of the wireless router and connect the modem to the internet. Note that the password for this is different than your usual user password. You may use the built-in default password or create a new password. Once you have entered a new username and password, you can now connect to the internet.
- Once the connection is established, go to the 'Control Panel' to check whether it is enabled to manage the network settings of your computer.
If you have reset your modem or if you have not connected it to the internet yet, go to 'Network settings' on the 'My Computer' page of the control panel and click on 'Internet Options' on the browser's main page. This will open the Internet Options dialogue box. Then, click on the arrow on the left side of the IP address field, which indicates static IP Address', and click on enter. In the new window that appears, you will see the option for changing your IP address 192.168.1.1.
How To Change IP Address 192.168.1.1
If you want to change your actual IP address 192.168.1.1, you can click on the arrow on the right side of the IP address field and click on the desired network. You will now see the IP addresses including 192.168.1.1 of the members of the network, which are visible in the Network view.
- To change your actual IP address 192.168.1.1, click the radio button marked 'IP-ases' and type the IP address you want to bind your computer too. When you have finished typing the IP address, click on the OK button. To bind your wireless router to this new IP, go to 'Networks'.
- After you have configured your router to use the default IP address, the next step is to assign your computer's IP addresses.
- Assign an IP address to each computer in the network. Again, on the Networks tab of the Control Panel, click on 'IP Addresses' and fill in the required information. Each entry should be valid, but the spaces between the brackets ([email protected] and [ip-address} are only used for formatting purposes and do not alter the IP addresses in any way.
- Click the Save button to apply all the changes.
- Now, log into your Windows PC as the user 'Administrator'. In the 'Administrative Tools' menu, go to 'Network' and click on 'Preferences' to open the user preferences.
- Under the General tab, click on 'IP Networking'.
- Then click the radio button marked 'unmanaged' if you would like to configure your router manually.
- If you have entered all the required information, click on the Save button to apply the changes.
That is how you can configure your wireless routers. Follow the steps given above and you can easily manage to fix the problems of your router and IP Address. I hope this article helped! Do leave a comment or queries in the comment box below.